NFRC IS REMINDING all roofing contractors that the deadline to enter the UK Roofing Awards 2021 is less than six weeks away – on 31 July.
The awards, which usually take place in May, are now scheduled for later this year on 5 November, 2021 at the Intercontinental London, O2.
Roofing Awards Closing Date
The later date, which was as a result of restrictions on live events earlier this year, means that the deadline to enter the UK Roofing Awards 2021 is also slightly different to previous years.
The NFRC is keen to ensure that the industry is aware of the impending closing date so that roofing contractors don’t miss out on the chance to enter.
The 2021 Awards will consider any roofing or cladding project completed between 1 January 2020 and 31 December 2020. They are open to any roofing contractor who are members of NFRC, NFRC Competent Person Scheme (formerly CompetentRoofer) or another listed roofing industry trade association.
Manufacturers, architects, specifiers and other stakeholders are welcome to submit projects, but they must ensure the roofing contractor is a member of one of the listed trade associations.
A new awards platform, AwardsForce, is being used for the 2021 Awards to make it easier for contractors and manufacturers to submit details of their projects for the relevant categories.
NFRC Chief Executive James Talman said: “The UK Roofing Awards are all about recognising and rewarding outstanding standards of workmanship and safety across our industry.
“We know how busy roofing contractors are currently, but we do not want firms to miss out on this opportunity and that is why we are reminding firms to get entering projects before the deadline
“Thanks to the new AwardsForce platform, entering for an award is easier than ever before. Once you have registered with the platform via the Roofing Awards website you can save your submission part completed if necessary, and return back later to complete whenever you wish. So make sure you enter for an award, and don’t let all your hard work on your projects during this pandemic go unrecognised!
“I would like to offer particular thanks to all of our sponsors who have supported the 2021 Awards so far, including Radmat, BMI, SIG Roofing, QANW, Axter, GRO, WJ Horrod, Chandlers Roofing Supplies, Sika, Cupa Pizarras, Marley, EJOT, Recticel, FAKRO and Cromar”
Nominations are open for the following categories:
- Bituminous Hot Applied Liquid Waterproofing—sponsored by Axter
- Cold Applied Liquid Waterproofing
- Fully Supported Metal
- Green Roofing—sponsored by GRO
- Heritage Roofing
- Lead Roofing
- Mastic Asphalt—sponsored by W J Horrod
- Multi-discipline projects over £250k—sponsored by Chandlers
- Reinforced Bitumen Membranes—sponsored by Sika
- Roof Slating—sponsored by Cupa Pizarras
- Roof Tiling—sponsored by Marley
- Sheeting & Cladding—sponsored by EJOT
- Single Ply Roofing—sponsored by Recticel
- Small Scale Project (Under £25k)—sponsored by Fakro
- Industry Choice Award—sponsored by Radmat Building Products
- Local Hero—sponsored by SIG Roofing
- Roof of the Year Award—sponsored by SIG Roofing
- Young Roofer of the Year—sponsored by BMI