THE FINALISTS FOR the 2022 Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Association (LRWA) Awards have been announced.
A panel of independent judges, including specifiers and technical experts, drew up the shortlist based on strict criteria, including project complexity, standard of workmanship, evidence of problem solving and aesthetics.
The 20 finalists span 4 main categories:
- Liquid Roofing Project of the Year under 1,000 sq m
- Liquid Roofing Project of the Year over 1,000 sq m
- Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application
- Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year.
The winning projects will be announced at a gala dinner on 23 March 2022 at the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool’s Stanley Dock. Backed by several supporters, including headline sponsor, MOY, the event is set to welcome more than 300 people including contractors, manufacturers and suppliers from across the liquid roofing and waterproofing sector.
The gala dinner will also recognise the talents of individuals with awards for Trainer of the Year and Student of the Year.
Sarah Spink, CEO of the LRWA commented: “We have had another fantastic response to our awards with entries demonstrating the versatility of liquids, the impressive skills of roofing contractors and the resilience of our sector throughout the pandemic.
“As always, the judges had a difficult task selecting the finalists but have followed a stringent scoring process to pick out the most exceptional projects. The bar has been set even higher this year, so all those shortlisted should be very proud of their achievement and we wish them all the best of luck.”
2022 LRWA Awards Finalists
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year <1000m2:
- Britannia Wharf: Polyroof and Butler Brothers Roofing
- Chesil Cliff House: Sika Liquid Plastics and Western Flat Roofing
- Cromwell Galleries: Proteus Waterproofing and Infallible Systems Ltd
- Millstream East, Centrica: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Premier Roofing & Construction Ltd
- San Remo Towers: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Roofsmiths LLP
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year >1000m2:
- Admiral Lord Nelson School: Sika Liquid Plastics and Davis Roofing
- Kellogg’s Wrexham: Makers Construction Ltd and Triflex
- Lawrence Hall: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Kingsley Roofing (Midlands) Ltd
- Park Inn Hotel: Kemper System and Castle Contractors NW
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport: Kemper System and Castle Contractors NW
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application:
- Brighton College: IKO and BriggsAmasco
- Leeds Skelton Lake Motorway Services: ABG, Kemper System and Cawston Specialist Roofing
- Miles Street: Moy and PCS Ltd
- Plough Lane: Triflex and Kingsley Roofing (London) Ltd
- Vintners Place, London: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Ifield & Barrett
Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year:
- Chase Farm Hospital Car Park: StructureCare and Pitchmastic PMB
- Grafton Street Podium Deck: Mulberry GBC and BMI
- Howard Town Mill Balconies: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Everlast Waterproofing Ltd
- Jolley Ford Court Balconies: Axter and Blue2 Contractors Ltd
- Tesco Ferndown Car Park: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Mulberry GBC Ltd
Trainer of the Year:
- Will Russell, MOY
- Graham Hindes, WestWood Liquid Technologies
- Paul Mahon, Sika Liquid Plastics
The winner of the Student of the Year category will be announced on 23 March 2022.