THE Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity has announced new initiatives to coincide with Mental Health Awareness Week on 9th-15th May and is reminding construction workers of the freely available resources they offer.
The charity is launching three new masterclasses to complement the free wellbeing masterclasses already available to anyone in construction and these can be booked now.
Free New Masterclasses
Crossing the line – Bullying vs Banter
This class looks at what is meant by banter and when does it go too far and become bullying.
Taking Control – Drugs & Alcohol
The importance of why and how organisations carry out regular testing on their employees and the physical and mental effects of drugs and alcohol.
Introduces happiness habits and provides an understanding of how to develop your attitude and improve your mindset.
As part of their Company Supporters programme, the charity has also launched its Road to Wellbeing package. Company Supporters are now able to access as many scheduled online mental health courses as they wish, completely free of charge. This includes MHFA England-approved Mental Health First Aider Courses.
Free Mental Health Training
- MHFA England Mental Health Awareness ½ day
- MHFA England First Aid Course 2 day
- Managing Mental Health in the Workplace – 1 day CPD accredited
Company Supporters have access to additional support including, a dedicated resources hub, wellbeing champion training and critical incident response.
Bill Hill, CEO of the Lighthouse Construction Industry Charity said, “There’s always a huge focus of activity around Mental Health Awareness Week which is fantastic, but with two construction workers taking their own life every single working day, we need to do more.
“We understand that for many companies, creating and delivering initiatives to improve workforce wellbeing can be difficult, time consuming and costly, so we want to make things as simple as possible. Our Road to Wellbeing package underpins our commitment to ensure that everyone has easy access to a variety of pro-active resources to support every level of an organisation, from site operatives through to senior management.”
Throughout Mental Health Awareness Week the charity will be posting industry relevant statistics on mental health across its social media channels and its website to signpost its core charitable services.
Five core charitable services available to everyone in the industry for free
- 24/7 Construction Industry Helpline offering free and confidential emotional, physical and financial wellbeing support with translation services for those that need extra support.
- Construction Industry Helpline Self Support App which complements the helpline and signposts to over 3000 accredited organisations offering specialist support.
- Free text HARDHAT service that gives immediate access to text back counselling
- Lighthouse Beacons. 160 volunteer centres across the country that offer a safe place to meet in a confidential environment.
- CPD accredited Wellbeing Masterclasses covering topics such as Managing Stress, Building Resilience and Financial Management to name just a few.
If you need help or support now, or know someone that does, you can access free and confidential support 24/7 via:
Construction Industry Helpline on UK 0345 605 1956 / ROI 1800 939 122,
Or text HARDHAT to 85258 (UK) or 50808 (ROI)