MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS in UK construction have risen considerably in the third quarter of 2019 according to GlobalData.
In total, construction and real estate industry M&A deals in Q3 2019 worth £3.18bn were announced in the UK.
The value marked an increase of 90.7% over the previous quarter and a rise of 106.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of £1.54bn.
However the 48 recorded deals during Q3 2019 in the UK is a drop of 5.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 5.9% over the last four-quarter average.
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 85.6% of the overall value during the quarter.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q3 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Bovis Homes’ £1.06bn asset transaction with Galliford Try
- The £575.05m acquisition of Capital & Regional by Growthpoint Properties
- Gazit-Globe’s £492.71m acquisition of Atrium European Real Estate
- The £378.04m acquisition of Telford Homes by CBRE Group
- Capital Data Centre’s acquisition of Branhall Investments for £219.72m.