THE FINALISTS OF the Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Association (LRWA) Awards 2019 have been revealed.
Now in their third year, the awards showcase outstanding workmanship and technical excellence across the liquid roofing and waterproofing sector.
Specifiers and technical experts
Entries were judged by an independent panel, including specifiers and technical experts. Each project was scored in line with strict criteria, including project complexity, standard of workmanship, evidence of problem solving and aesthetics.
A total of 20 projects have been shortlisted across four categories, including Liquid Roofing Project of the Year under 1,000 sq m, Liquid Roofing Project of the Year over 1,000 sq m, Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application, and Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year – covering non-roofing applications such as car parks, bridges and balconies.
Three people are also in the running to be crowned Trainer of the Year.
The winners will be announced at the LRWA Awards and Gala Dinner on Wednesday, 6 November 2019. At the event, there will also be an award for Student of the Year and a Chairman’s Recognition Award for an individual who has made a special contribution to the liquid roofing and waterproofing industry.
Sarah Spink, CEO of the LRWA commented, “The quality and diversity of this year’s entries has been extremely impressive. The shortlisted projects feature a vast range of different buildings and structures in a variety of sectors including residential, commercial, rail, heritage, utilities, and healthcare.
“These projects clearly demonstrate the versatility of liquids and shine a light on the complex workmanship that is so often required in the sector as well as the need for effective problem solving.
“We look forward to celebrating with the finalists and representatives from across our sector at the awards dinner in November.”
Moy Materials is the headline sponsor for the LRWA Awards 2019, which will return to the Titanic hotel in Liverpool’s Stanley Dock and is on target to attract more than 200 guests.
The finalists for the 2019 LRWA Awards are:
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year <1000m2:
- Basildon & Thurrock University Hospital: Bauder & London Seamless Flat Roofing
- Belfast Rapid Transit: WestWood Liquid Technologies & Thornton Roofing
- Siobhan Davies Dance Studio: Proteus Waterproofing & Millane Contract Services
- Stansted House: Kemper System & All Angles Roofing
- Duke of York Square Restaurant: WestWood Liquid Technologies & Premier Roofing & Construction
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year >1000m2:
- Aberdeen Railway Station: Sika Liquid Plastics & Everlast Rail
- ADM Erith: Kemper System & Capital Roofing
- Fleetwood Hospital: Centaur Technologies & Gables UK
- Hull Interchange Station: Sika Liquid Plastics & Orchard Roofing & Building
- Southern Water: Polyroof & Williams Roofing Contractors
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application:
- 80 George Street: Mars Construct & Tor Coatings
- Holbrook House: Moy Materials & Plan Construction Solutions
- Chapter House: Kemper System & Exterior HomeCare
- Hangar Lane: Moy Materials & Plan Construction Solutions
- Wellington Street Offices: Bauder & Protech (Leeds)
Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year:
- Coptfold Road Multi-storey Car Park: Makers Construction & Sika
- 99 High Street Kensington: Axter & AMG Waterproofing
- Queens Crescent: Polyroof & Emperor Roofing
- Sun Pavilion: Mars Construct & Sika Liquid Plastics
- The Water Gardens: Makers Construction & Triflex
Trainer of the Year:
- Will Russell – Moy Materials
- Steve Mercer – Filon
- Ross Smith – Kemper System