THE 2019 FASET AGM and Awards event is to be held at a brand new venue at Tewkesbury Park in the Cotswolds on Thursday 28th November.
FASET is supporting the No Falls Foundation – the charity dedicated to preventing falls from height and helping people affected by the consequences of a fall. The No Falls Foundation will be the sole beneficiary of all charitable donations made at the 2019 event by FASET members and guests, which last year saw £2,360 collected for The Lighthouse Club Construction Charity.
There is also a change in the FASET AGM & Awards’ sponsors, with newcomers, Brilliant Ideas sponsoring the AGM itself, Leon de Oro coming in to sponsor the ‘Contribution to FASET’ Award and Trad Safety Systems sponsoring drinks at the event.
These new sponsors are joined by regular AGM and Dinner sponsors, Genie (A Terex Brand), AGM sponsors Visor Nets, Dinner sponsors Nationwide Platforms, ‘Excellence of Work’ Award sponsors Huck Nets, ‘Staff Merit’ Award sponsors CSCS and ‘Health, Safety & Training Achievement’ Awards sponsors, SpanSet.
As in previous years, there are four categories for the FASET Awards in 2019:
- Excellence of Work – a project award designed to recognise those companies deserving recognition for their high standard of work, client satisfaction and celebrating the best of FASET and its membership.
- Staff Merit – a category designed to recognise outstanding individual achievement by someone working for a FASET Member (since 1st August 2018).
- Health, Safety and Training – an award for a FASET Member company which can demonstrate outstanding performance or innovation in health, safety and/or
- Contributor to FASET – any FASET Member company orindividual who can demonstrate outstanding contributions to FASET and its members.
The 2019 FASET Awards are being independently judged by Jo-Ann Michael of the Construction Sector Safety Unit (Health & Safety), Gary Walpole of the National Federation of Roofing Contractors, Mark Keily CMIOSH, QHSE Director at Nationwide Platforms and FASET Managing Director, Tony Seddon.
Winners of the 2018 FASET Awards were:
- FASET Staff Merit Award – Tony Chatters of DTE Scaffolding & Safety Netting Ltd
- FASET Health, Safety and Training Award – G&M Safety Netting Ltd
- FASET Excellence of Work Award – Northern Steel Decking Ltd
- Contribution to FASET Award – PMC Safety Netting Ltd
Speaking about the new-look 2019 AGM And Awards, FASET Managing Director, Tony Seddon, said: “We are very excited about the change of venue to Tewkesbury Park this year, which is a truly excellent place to celebrate another fantastic year of growth and success for FASET and its expanding membership.
“The AGM is an important chance to recognise the hard work of our committees, update members on all the latest guidance and news and it also represents a fantastic opportunity to network with like-minded, safety conscious and standard setting people, as well as see a wide range of leading safety systems products in action and on display.
“In addition, the FASET Awards are the members’ opportunity to demonstrate the exceptional work their companies are doing as FASET Members throughout the year, and to honour those outstanding employees who have significantly contributed to any given brand, or even the industry as a whole. Winning one of these hard-fought FASET Awards is increasingly being recognised as setting the standard in our sector, and rightly so.
“The entire AGM, Awards and Dinner event offers member companies, employees and their supply chain partners the opportunity to be part of what FASET do to raise standards in construction work at height safety, enjoy in their collective success and have a great time in relaxed, salubrious surroundings. And this year we’ve also arranged quality entertainment in the form of award winning, BGT comedian, Nick Page.”