NHBC, THE NEW HOME warranty and insurance provider, has announced the Supreme Awards winners of its flagship Pride in the Job competition which is celebrating its 40th anniversary.
NHBC launched the first Pride in the Job competition in 1980. The aim then, as it is today, was to seek out and reward the best performing site managers building homes across the whole of the UK.
NHBC Pride in the Job
As the Pride in the Job awards mark their 40th year, they have become the most highly regarded competition in the house-building industry.
The winners were revealed in a virtual ceremony hosted by NHBC Chief Executive Steve Wood.
These awards play a pivotal role in NHBC’s drive to give consumers confidence in the quality of new-build homes. Having won their way through three previous stages of the competition, the site manager finalists were assessed across six key areas affecting the quality of the home: consistency, attention to detail, leadership, interpretation of drawings and specifications, technical expertise, and health and safety.
Pride in the Job Winners
The winners, decided by a panel of expert judges, are:
- Small builder category – Aaron Parradine, Wickford Development Co for his site in Dunmow, Essex
- Medium builder category – Steve Walker, C G Fry and Son Ltd for his site in Poundbury, Dorset
- Multi-storey builder category – Mark Taylor, Canary Wharf Contractors for his site in Canary Wharf, London
- Large builder category – Kirk Raine, David Wilson Homes Mercia, for his site in Telford, Shropshire
NHBC Chief Executive, Steve Wood, said: “This year’s Pride in the Job winners have earned the highest accolade within the UK house-building industry as a Supreme winner. They join an elite group and represent the absolute best of our industry.
“Our judges were struck by the passion, commitment and the sheer determination of these winning site managers to produce homes of exceptional quality. Of course, this is even more impressive, given the unprecedented year that 2020 has been.
“Whilst we know it’s a team effort, we have always been aware that it’s the site manager who has the greatest influence on the quality of new homes.
“Congratulations to all the 2020 Supreme winners – they should be immensely proud of their achievements to create exceptional homes for their customers.”
Pride in the Job Runners Up
In addition to announcing the Supreme Award winners, four runners-up are also being unveiled. The runners-up were:
- Small builder category – Kevin Tonks, James O’Flanagan Ltd, for his site in the West Midlands
- Medium builder category – Stuart Gillespie, Mactaggart & Mickel Homes Ltd, for his site in Ayrshire
- Multi-storey builder category – Mark Foley, CALA Evans Restoration Limited, for his site in Edinburgh
- Large builder category – Mark Summersgill, Barratt and David Wilson Homes North East, for his site in Middlesbrough
For the full list of winners please visit the NHBC website.