BMI UK & Ireland, the UK’s largest manufacturer of flat and pitched roofing solutions, is to sponsor a new category in this year’s UK Roofing Awards. The category – Young Roofer of the Year – will recognise the work and contribution made by the nominee in the roofing sector.
BMI UK & Ireland is proud of its involvement in the awards and, like the NFRC, it believes in recognising and rewarding roofing talent, especially young roofers – who are the future lifeblood of the industry. This is something that BMI invests in heavily through its work at the BMI National Training Centre, roofing colleges and its Apprentice of the Year competition.
Anyone can nominate a young roofer and the NFRC and BMI want you to join them in supporting the future of the sector by nominating a young roofer that has achieved one of the following:
- Excelled in their performance in the workplace;
- Worked on a technically hard / challenging roof or project;
- Gone the extra mile at work;
- Been awarded additional responsibility by their employer due to their roofing skills or approach to work;
- Taken on additional learning in order to further their career in roofing;
- Demonstrated business acumen, resulting in increased business being won, or additional revenue for the business;
- Impacted ways of working in the roofing sector.
To enter nominees must either be an apprentice, currently completing a roofing qualification or be a qualified roofer with no more than three years’ experience. As an additional incentive anyone who makes a nomination will be entered into a prize draw with the chance of winning £125 of Amazon vouchers.
Entry to the new category is now open and all nominations must be submitted by March 29th 2019. Submissions can only be made via the NFRC website.
The winner will be invited to, and announced at, the UK Roofing Awards 2019 on May 10th at the InterContinental London – The O2.
Amanda Brackey, Head of Communications, NFRC, adds: “We are very excited to add this new category to the UK Roofing Awards, and it has been a pleasure to work with BMI, the award sponsor, on its launch this year. It is important for the industry to nurture and support young talent and this award will help put young roofers in the spotlight.”