FOUR EXCEPTIONAL house building site managers have been awarded a National House Building Council ‘Pride in the Job’ Award at a gala ceremony held at the Hilton Metropole, London.
Held last Friday (25 January), the awards recognise and reward a site manager’s dedication to achieving the highest standards in house building, and their commitment to building homes of outstanding quality.
Having won three previous stages of the awards in 2018, the Supreme Award winners were announced at a black-tie event hosted by television personality Paddy McGuinness.
The winners of the competition’s four builder categories were:
- Small Builder category- Nigel Smith from Darren Smith Homes for St Paul’s Lock, Mirfield.
- Medium Builder category- Stephen Walker from C G Fry & Son Ltd for his site in Poundbury, Dorset.
- Multi-storey title– Kevin Gosney from Lendlease Construction (Europe) Ltd for managing Phase MP2 H2 of Elephant Park in London.
- Large Builder category– Paul Mclachlan from Taylor Wimpey North Yorkshire for his management of the Morley Carr Farm site in Yarm.
Commenting on the Awards, Steve Wood NHBC Chief Executive, said: “NHBC created ‘Pride in the Job’ almost 40 years ago with a clear vision of promoting and driving the very highest standards in new home building for the UK’s homeowners. Now, in 2019, this vision remains as strong as ever and is very much at the heart of the competition and at the centre of everything NHBC does.
“The site manager’s job is a very important one and undoubtedly one of the toughest and challenging in the entire industry. Congratulations to all of this year’s winners – each accolade is thoroughly deserved.”
In addition to announcing the Supreme Award winners, four runners-up were also unveiled at the ceremony:
- Small Builder category- Richard Morrow from Vaughan Developments Ltd for the Hilltops development in Lisburn.
- Medium Builder category- Stuart Gillespie from Mactaggart & Mickel Homes Ltd for Greenan Views in Ayr.
- Multi-storey category- Wayne Bennett from M M M Design & Build Ltd for Thalassa in Bangor.
- Large Builder category- Kirk Raine from David Wilson Homes Mercia for the Doseley Park development in Telford.