As the finishing touches are made to Birmingham’s NEC, where UK Construction Week (UKCW) is taking over between 9 – 11 October, professionals can get ahead by planning their time now.
Get the best deals
Those wanting to navigate more than 650 exhibitor stands successfully can pre-book meetings via the UKCW website. With plenty of new deals to be made, visitors can take a trip around the globe visiting key roofing and tool exhibitors from the UK, Germany, Turkey, China, Australia and beyond. Exhibitors include: Rockwool, Forticrete, G&B North West, Knauf Insulation, Trade Point (B&Q) and Quinn Building Products.
Experience the future
Prepare for tomorrow today by soaking up the ‘Future of Construction’ theme and planning your products, strategies and connections for the road ahead
With more than 100 international product launches at the roofing, cladding and insulation; offsite; doors, windows and glass; and tools and health and safety sections at the Build Show, visitors will leave with their inspiration ignited.
- Easy-Trim’s new Easy-Trim Roto roof range;
- Styrene Packaging & Insulation’s new Stylite inverted roof insulation system, manufactured from high-density expanded polystyrene;
- Velux’s new curve glass rooflight, stylish inside and out;
- Permavent’s Easy Roof system, enabling any slate roof to be installed at a low pitch;
- Kytun’s Dry Verge system, preventing wind uplift and weather damage to slate and tile roofs;
- Solecco Solar’s roof-integrated solar tiles that create a clean and contemporary finish, while saving costs; and
- Fischer Fixings’ roof fixings and screws, available on stand B325, where they are also putting visitors to their concrete wall challenge.
For cutting-edge technology and a sneak-peek ahead, the Future of Construction Hub immerses visitors in digital construction, 3D printing, robotics, AI and VR, augmented reality and modern methods of construction. Alongside this, Birmingham City University is presenting its latest academic research and Coventry University is demonstrating how it’s preparing the professionals of the future with its construction simulator. Plus Canon is inviting visitors to test out their own designs with its 3D printer.
The Innovation Trail is also taking delegates on a tour of the latest pioneering products and systems set to transform the roofing industry. Discover products such as ANS Global’s green roof systems, Danosa’s waterproofing systems, MAX’s fastening tools, Hekim Yapi’s roof and wall sandwich panels, Kedel’s recycled plastic roofing battens, Velux’s smart roof light, HB42’s weatherproof sealants and Vertemax’s digital evidence platform.
Travel the World
With over 100 international exhibitors attending the Build Show visitors can travel the globe without leaving the country. Exhibitors include: Abatron Inc, Asteknik Engineering, Avic Sanxin, Belgrani, Birlesik Firca, Combilift, Connection, Core Tech Software, Dakea, Edilmetas SRL, Engineering Edge, Ermetika Pocket Door, Faith Profil, Golden Peakock Overseas, Heraklith, HES Kablo, Jiangmen Tophome, Kytun, Langvalda, Leon Boots Co, Ozdil Pancur Sanayi Ve Ticaret, Polismar, REM D.O.O, Script&Go, Securo AS, Swoofee, Tepe Betopan, TLC SP. SO.O, Total Build, Evertec SP. S O.O, Ibix Special Cleaning, Intek Kalip Iskele San Tic As, and Termobor Isi Yalitim Ins. Truz. San. Ve Tic.
Keynote speakers and industry specialists are taking to the stage to share knowledge, spark debate and challenge the future. Topics of interest to roofing contractors, architects and specifiers include:
- Managing fire risks on flat roofs, with Livia Williams from Notting City Homes;
- Lightweight green roof systems, with Craig O’Donnell from Knauf Insulation;
- Daylight and the human response, with Simon Inch from Velux;
- RIBA president Ben Derbyshire, launching RIBA: Building in Quality; and
- TV presenter Steph McGovern, hosting a panel discussion on the industry economic forecast.
Relax and celebrate
Following a jam-packed day, there will be plenty to talk about at the Central Bar in Hall 11, sponsored by the Elliott Group and the Timber Bar in Hall 9, sponsored by Germany Trade & Invest. For a livelier finish to the day, the Beer Festival, sponsored by Velux, is featuring street food, a gin and fizz bar, rockaoke and FIX radio.