Women in Roofing (WinR), the organisation for promoting the diversity and image of UK roofing, is inviting entries from two categories of people working in the UK roofing sector – young people and more experienced professionals – for two new awards.
The Awards – which have been launched in honour of two well-known and widely-respected women in roofing who sadly passed away last year: Maureen Johnson and Ellie Coulter – are now open for nominations with a closing date of 28th February, 2018.
Shortlisted entrants will receive a complementary ticket for attendance at the WinR Conference – Reflections on Roofing on 14th March 2018 at the Radisson Blu hotel at East Midlands Airport in Derbyshire. They will also be profiled in a case study in the Reflections on Roofing conference brochure and acknowledgment on the day of the conference.
The Award winners will receive – in addition to the above – a special award recognising their achievements and a prize of gift vouchers.
The Maureen Johnson Rising Star Award, for under 25 year-olds
Purpose of the Award:
To recognise and reward impressive accomplishments and results seen in the first five years’ experience of working in the roofing industry.
To be given to an individual whose record reflects ongoing and exceptional growth and increased levels of leadership and responsibility.
The award will be given to an individual who has undertaken an appropriate training programme and whose achievements reflect a strong potential for continued growth within the industry.
- Under 25 and been working in the roofing industry for five or less years
- Is, or has been, an Apprentice/Trainee/Management programme participant
- Can evidence development and growth within an organisation
- Has exceeded the expectations of their employment responsibilities
The Ellie Coulter Business Excellence Award
Purpose of the Award:
To honour a member of the roofing industry who champions the pursuit of excellence and whose exemplary achievement, excellence of practice, and true leadership has inspired and reflected honour upon the industry to the highest degree.
Criteria valuable for award consideration to include:
- Any individual who works within the roofing industry for a manufacturer, merchant, contractor or training group
- Demonstration of exceptional personal qualities and leadership abilities, such as integrity, the ability to work with diverse groups, a record of motivating or mentoring others and exemplifying the values and ethics of a distinguished leader in their organisation and field of work
- Significant professional contributions such as:
-Industry involvement beyond the focus of employment responsibilities
-Exemplary achievement in accomplishing a major task or project
Each award will be judged by a panel of distinguished industry professionals, including the WinR directors.